IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> FW: Copyright statements in drafts

RE: IPP> FW: Copyright statements in drafts

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 12:57:21 EDT

    Hi,

    Harald Alvestrand replied to Carl-Uno Manros (see below):

      We do - which is why the phrase "reasonably and personally known to
      the submitter" in RFC 3667 / 3668 is so important.

    But "reasonably and personally" is NOT part of the IPR statement
    required at the beginning of every submitted I-D (without which
    the I-D Editor will no longer publish any I-D).

    Here's the relevant verbatim quote from "1id-guidelines.txt":

      All Internet-Drafts must begin with the following intellectual
      property rights (IPR) statement:

      "By submitting this Internet-Draft, I certify that any applicable
      patent or other IPR claims of which I am aware have been disclosed, or
      will be disclosed, and any of which I become aware will be disclosed,
      in accordance with RFC 3668."

    Personally, I'm not writing any more I-Ds. Because there's not any
    limitation in this IPR boilerplate about patents or IPR of _other_
    parties that the editor may be or become aware of.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434
    email: imcdonald@sharplabs.com