Re: IPP> Teleconference call minutes

From: Ira McDonald (blueroofmusic@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 18:52:02 EST

    Hi Mike,

    Yes - notification by polling means ippget.

    The lack of standards-track email notification is unfortunate,
    because it's the ubiquitous proprietary notification method
    supported by the majority of network printers.

    On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Michael R Sweet <msweet@apple.com> wrote:
    > Whittle, Craig wrote:
    > > All:
    > >
    > > The minutes from this week's teleconference call can be found at:
    > > ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-minutes/IPPv2-ConCall-Minutes-200802
    > > 21.pdf
    >
    > Comments (and hopefully I'll be able to "attend" next week's telecon):
    >
    > > Need to find out what is in CUPS 1.3 and what will be in CUPS 1.4.
    >
    > CUPS 1.3:
    >

    > http://svn.easysw.com/public/cups/branches/branch-1.3/doc/help/spec-ipp.html
    >
    > CUPS 1.4:
    >
    > http://svn.easysw.com/public/cups/trunk/doc/help/spec-ipp.html
    >
    > Right now the only difference between 1.3 and 1.4 is the addition of
    > a new CUPS-specific "get document" operation.
    >
    > > Notification by polling should be considered. E-mail notification
    > > is dead as an IPP specification.
    >
    > Presumably polling == ippget/RFC 3996?
    >
    > --
    > Michael R Sweet Senior Printing System Engineer

    Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
    email: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
    winter:
      579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176