Re: IPP> Required IPP attributes - missing list anywhere

From: Ira McDonald (blueroofmusic@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 19:29:10 EDT

    Hi Mike,

    I agree we need required attributes lists for IPP 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2.

    Which means we need some help as editors. Because it's going
    to take a *long* time to search through the text of every IPP spec
    looking for the keyword REQUIRED in the body text for attributes
    (such as operation attributes) that are nowhere else mentioned.

    Mike, Ted, Bill, anyone - care to volunteer to help?

    On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Michael R Sweet <msweet@apple.com> wrote:
    > Ira McDonald wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Paul Tykodi's asked at today's IPP WG telecon how to find
    >> the list of required IPP/1.1 attributes (i.e., ones that all IPP/1.1
    >> Printer objects MUST support).
    >> All - I think Paul's raised a good point - the list of basic
    >> IPP/1.1 (and therefore IPP/2.0) REQUIRED operation
    >> and description attributes does NOT exist - Should it
    >> be added in a normative appendix to the IPP/2.0 spec?
    >
    > Yes, absolutely. In fact, I would add a section for IPP/2.1 and
    > IPP/2.2 as well.
    >
    > --
    > Michael R Sweet Senior Printing System Engineer

    Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
    email: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
    winter:
     579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176