From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 15:00:02 EDT

    At the Camus f2f, I was the main person who lobbied against use of the
    terms Workgroup, Enterprise and Production in association with IPPv2
    function sets. Therefore, I have updated the previous draft to reflect my
    proposal. I used my initials (HRL) in the draft file name to distinguish
    it as a proposal which has not been fully vetted (for ease of reverting if
    my thoughts are rejected).

    While I think it is appropriate to guide the function set discussions
    (and definitions) by perceived workgroup, enterprise and production
    scenarios I would like to avoid propagating the association in a
    specification because it may be (mis)interepred as a product requirements
    document (rather than an interop spec).

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-wd/wd-ippv2-spec20-20080815HRL.doc

    Regards,
    Harry

    Harry Lewis
    Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
    Phone: 303-924-5337
    e-mail: harryl@us.ibm.com
    infoprint.com

    P Think before you print