Re: IPP> New IPP PSX draft (25 Jan 2009) - regression loss

From: Ira McDonald (blueroofmusic@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 18:21:37 EST

    Hi,

    Below is the Change Log from the missed version (25% longer doc).

    A very large number of one-line changes were made to existing mapping tables.
    Also, a major change of philosophy (all Finishers get all 33 subunit codes).

    An HTMLdiff tool could no doubt find the deltas. But, reconversion from
    HTML to MS Word (painful) almost looks better, because I didn't change
    very much further in my release earlier this evening.

    All offers of help or even an approach will be gladly welcomed.

    CHANGE LOG (excerpt)

    7 November 2006 (v0.40)
    - Changed document status from 'Interim' to 'Prototype', per PWG
      Process/2.0;

    - Revised section 5.1.1 'Severity Suffixes Interoperability' for
      clarity;

    - Revised Table 1 in section 5.1.2 'Existing Printer State Reasons for
      Alert Codes' to DEPRECATE all non-specific legacy one-way mappings,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Revised Table 2 in section 5.1.3 'New Printer State Reasons for
      Alert Codes' to DELETE all non-specific legacy one-way mappings,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Revised Table 3 in section 5.2.1 'Keywords for Alert Objects'
      conformance levels, to align with bindings of 'printerV2Alert' in
      Printer MIB, section 9 of IPP Event Notifications and Subcriptions
      [RFC3995], and WIMS-CIM work-in-progress mapping of Printer MIB,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Revised section 5.2.2. 'Printer Alert Encoding of Alert Objects'
      to specify explicit charset [US-ASCII], reference specific objects in
      'prtAlertTable', and clarify mapping details in ABNF expressions;

    - Revised section 5.3.1 'Printer Alert Description Encoding' to specify
      REQUIRED copy of natural language tag and REQUIRED charset conversion
      to the value of "charset-configured" (i.e., current site policy)

    - Revised section 6.1.1 'New Alert Codes for Finishing Subunits' to
      define complete set based on subunit generic alerts for every device,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Added new section 6.1.2 'Conventions for Alert Code Numbering' to
      explain conventions from Printer MIB and extensions in this document,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Revised section 7 'Conformance Requirements' to add explicit lists of
      of detailed conformance sections in this specification,
      per review at PWG face-to-face in Lexington (27 October 2006);

    - Added new section 8.2 'IPP Printer Attributes - IANA Registrations'
      to register "printer-alert" and "printer-alert-description" with IANA;

    - Revised section 9 'Internationalization Considerations' to reflect new
      "printer-alert" and "printer-alert-description" attributes.

    - Revised section 10 'Security Considerations' to add details.

    - Added new section 15.6 'Printer Alert Subset for Finishing Subunits'
      to explain changed strategy to complete set of specific alerts.

    Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
    email: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
    winter:
      579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176