From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 13:54:01 EDT

    Just to make sure this announcement reaches all MFD interested parties!
    Welcome to the MFD w/g and reflector.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM STSM
    Intellectual Property, Standards and Licensing
    Chairman - ISTO Printer Working Group
    303-924-5337
    ----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 05/10/2007 11:53 AM -----

    Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM
    05/10/2007 11:06 AM

    pwg-announce@pwg.org
    cc

    Subject
    PWG announces formation of new MFD Working Group

    I am pleased to announce that the PWG Steering Committee has demonstrated
    unanimous support to approve the charter to form a new MFD (MultiFunction
    Device) working group. As described in the Charter (links below) the MFD
    working group is the forum in which the industry will model MFD services
    and their management. The results of these modeling efforts will later be
    assimilated into the overall PWG Semantic Model. The need has been
    demonstrated for an MFD Model and, now, the PWG is stepping up to serve
    the industry by developing a standard that will help drive consistency and
    interoperability across implementations and platforms.

    I invite all PWG members to participate by joining the 1 hour MFD
    conference call scheduled for Thursday May 17 at 11AM

    Dial-In
    Tele-Con Number:1-866-365-4406
    Pass Code: 2635888

    I also encourage you to join the MFD mailing list by sending an e-mail to
    majordomo@pwg.org with a blank subject line containing the line:
    subscribe mfd

    Charter links:

      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.doc
      - MS Word source

      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/charter/ch-mfd-20070504.pdf
      - PDF w/ line numbers