MFD> Comments/questions on Dec 3 Minutes

From: William A Wagner (wamwagner@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 12:20:05 EST

    The minutes appear to reflect substantive material that is in or is to go in
    to the specification. The following comments do not question that the
    minutes correctly reflect the meeting, but are addressed to the substance of
    the reported discussion. References are to page number and line number of
    the minutes

    Page 4 Line 25: Default scan ticket: since a scan template is defined as an
    unbound scan ticket, is not the term default scan template more consistent?

    Page 5 line 1. Perhaps the indentation is unintended, but are "state,
    State Reason" etc considered part of Scan ID? Also It would seem that there
    should be common element in all the scan service headings so that they can
    all be applied to the same scan service. That is, should not some sort of
    Scan Service ID should be common.

    Page 5, line 39: "Service Type" is eliminated because I is said to be in
    Scan Service Status. Neither do I see service type in Scan Service nor would
    I consider type to be a status. Of course, it is not clear what the values
    of Service type are. If they are scan, print, fax etc, then the type may be
    regarded as inherent in the group names (unless the same group names are
    used for all services.)

    Page 6, line 9: Scan Service Capabilities - Would it not be clear if these
    various attributes were followed by "supported" ? e.g., Number-Up Supported

    Page 7 Line 1: Since the term "Must Honor" is used exclusively in the
    discussion, would not "Must honored element list" be more appropriate than
    JobMandatorELements?

    Page 7, Line 8: For my own edification, are there clear definitions of
    element and element attribute? The previous paragraph talked about must
    honored elements and this paragraph talked about must honored attributes.

    Page 7, Line 43: I do not follow why page ranges does not make sense for
    scan. It seems a useful attribute to me.

    Page 8, line 41: We need some expertise here. For example physical
    constituents of the CIS vs CCD based scanner are quite different.

    Thanks,

    Bill Wagner