From: nchen@okidata.com
Date: Thu Mar 20 2008 - 09:01:33 EDT

    All,

    The WG Last Call was closed at the end of business yesterday. I have not
    received further comments since last teleconference.
    Here is the Last Call comment from the last teleconference, and some
    comments I have so far for the WG Last Call:

    #1. From the last teleconference -
    Comment: Scan Client should only interact with Scan Service. There should
    be a separate client interact with Scan Template Manager Service.
    Resolution: We have defined a separate client called Scan Template Manager
    Client that interacts with Scan Template Mnager Service. The network
    scanning client application contains a Scan Client and optionally a Scan
    Template Management Client. The changes have been reflected in the update
    Model Semantics and Service Interface document.

    Below are my recommended changes that are essential after the last
    teleconference:
    #2 Abstract, IEEE document title, Introduction must be modified to
    reflect the content is about Use Cases & Requirements, not the model
    semantics and interfaces.

    #3 Terminology must be changed to be consistent with the changes in the
    model semantics and interfaces. The following terms are not referenced in
    this requirement document and will not be included :
            - Active Job
            - Image
            - Job History

    #4 In Use Cases 1 & 2, "Scan Client" will be changed to "network scanning
    client application" in Use Case diagram and processing flow. In the Design
    Requirements, "Scan Client" will be changed to "network scanning client
    application" that uses "Scan Client" to request Scan Service operations
    and uses "Scan Template Manager Client" to request Scan Template Manager
    Service operations.

    #5 Remove "Conformance Requirements" section, or make a note that we
    leave this to the Model Semantics and Service Interfaces for a complete
    specification.

    #6 "PWG and IANA Registration Consideration" section - the requirements
    for PWG Scan service type definition and registration with IANA from
    service discovery use case should be reiterated and specified here.

    #7 Remove ?Internationalization Consideration? section, or make a note
    that we leave this to the Model Semantics and Service Interfaces for a
    complete specification.

    Let's discuss your opinions in today's teleconference.

    -Nancy
    Nancy Chen
    Solutions and Technology
    Oki Data