Fw: MFD> MFD August 14 & 15 face-to-face meeting minutes available

From: nchen@okidata.com
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 12:53:05 EDT

    All,

    I forgot to include the MFD list in my reply to Bill's question. See
    below.

    -Nancy

    ----- Forwarded by Nancy Chen/OKIDATA/OKI_DATA_CORP/OKI_ELECTRIC/US on
    08/29/2008 12:47 PM -----

    Nancy Chen/OKIDATA/OKI_DATA_CORP/OKI_ELECTRIC/US
    08/29/2008 12:37 PM

    "William A Wagner" <wamwagner@comcast.net>
    cc

    Subject
    RE: MFD> MFD August 14 & 15 face-to-face meeting minutes available

    Hi Bill,

    This issue of whether the Resource Service could serve executable
    resources is still open.
    We did come to the thinking that it could serve executable resources.
    However, we were not able to come to a consensus on the list of parameters
    required to serve as the filter for searching the executable resources. As
    an AI, we are asking everybody to investigate what are good descriptive
    elements for executables - the description for target environment of an
    executable is quite troublesome, and maybe quite complex that could
    include OS/platform/build....

    Please let me know if you have any recommendation.

    Thanks,
    -Nancy

    "William A Wagner" <wamwagner@comcast.net>
    08/29/2008 11:59 AM

    <nchen@okidata.com>, <mfd@pwg.org>
    cc

    Subject
    RE: MFD> MFD August 14 & 15 face-to-face meeting minutes available

    Nancy,

    Sorry for the delay but I was just going over the minutes. I recall that
    we
    wandered on both sides during the discussion, but the minutes are unclear
    on
    whether it was finally decided whether the Resource Service could serve
    executable resources. My recollection was that we concluded that it could.
    Could that be clarified, or is it still open?

    Thanks,

    Bill Wagner