From: Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@xerox.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2008 - 10:11:18 EST

    There will be an MFD conference call at 3:00 PM EDT (12:00 PM PDT) this
    Thursday.

    Note the NEW Teleconference number and access code are now used.

    Please contact me if you do not have the new numbers.

    Agenda:

    1. Identify Minute Taker

    2. Approval of minutes from Face to Face meeting

    <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/minutes/pwg-ftf-mfd-minutes-20081022.pdf>

    3. Discuss Media/MediaCol capabilities issue (See Below).

    4. Review updated Resource Service specification. Please look at the
    modifications

    (see -rev version) since these will be specifically discussed. Feel
    free to

    raise any additional comments.

     <ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-mfdresourcemodel10-20081105.pdf>

    5. Next Steps

    Click Here to Join Live Meeting
    <https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/xerox/join?id=PWG_MFD&role=attend&pw=PQ%
    25%3EFj5sN>

    (Note: Live meeting recently released a new version. To save time
    before the meeting, check your system at
    <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52354>

    Media/MediaCol capabilities issue:

    In internal prototyping efforts we came across a problem. In higher end
    printer environments, and even some office environments, the size of the
    media database can become quite large. Clearly printers must be able to
    serve up the allowed media in a capabilities request. We have found
    however that it is quite problematic to have to serve up that same
    database each and every place that media capabilities occur (e.g.
    CoverBack, CoverFront, InsertSheet, JobAccountingSheets, ProofPrint).
    For the most part these capability elements need only indicate if Media
    and/or MediaCol are allowed in the associated processing element. The
    DocumentProcessing elements Media and MediaCol allow the entire database
    of media to be retrieved. Furthermore it is preferable that the media
    database should be explicitly requested to insure that the client is not
    inundated with the contents of the media database unless that is what
    the client desires.

    Comments?

    Peter Zehler

    Xerox Research Center Webster