P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> RE: TEL-Conference

RE: P1394> RE: TEL-Conference

Fumio Nagasaka (fumiona@venus.dtinet.or.jp)
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 05:55:48 +0900

> [Turner, Randy] I agree, automatic login at boot time should not be
> required to support printing. But plug'n play may require this feature,
> and its not clear whether or not this causes a problem yet for 1284.4
> printing.

[Fumio Nagasaka] OS may read Configuration ROM to perform Plug & Play
steps. OS must enumerate any PC peripheral device, even if it speaks AV/C,
IP/1394 or IP/1394. Thus PnP shall be independent from transport layer.

Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp