P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> PWG printer profile impression

RE: P1394> PWG printer profile impression

Nagasaka Fumio (Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 21:09:06 +0900

Atsushi writes:
> you are stating that all printing shall use SBP-2.

In this case
..... "all 1394 PWG-profile supportive printer shall use SBP-2" , ...
might be suitable. However I think terminology issue is less prior
than
frame work for 1394 printing protocol itself. I personally think that
PWG-C profile supportive printer does not speak SBP-2 is also good
solution.

I also think 1394/SBP-2 storage profile supportive image scanner/fax
may
talk to SBP-2 target capable printer directly. This could be also
"direct-print".
Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp