P1394 Mail Archive: RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component ROM

RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: P1394> Rough SBP-2 & IP1394 core component ROM

Nagasaka Fumio (Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:57:32 +0900

Dear Toru,

Thanks for your productive information.
My colleague has written a SBP-2 target software for our printer
optional board fitted with H8 CPU. The ROM size was 18k B.
Those source code was developed by C and assembler. Thus
we confirm Greg’s estimation for SBP-2 ROM size is correct.
And I also think this size of ROM or CPU would not be acceptable for
some consumer devices. For these devices, DPP could be a
desirable solution.

So please continue to explain your idea about 1394 printing.
Does your DPP seem to be stream style protocol? Or are you
going to have any plan to provide memory bus style protocol?
Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp