P1394 Mail Archive: Re: P1394> Print Protocols

Re: P1394> Print Protocols

Eric Anderson (ewa@apple.com)
19 Feb 98 21:11:20 -0800

As part of a truly native SBP-2 printer profile, I would expect
to include a sequence number or something in the ORB command,
so that a target can be sure not to execute the same command
twice. I would also allow a target to abort at any point it
likes and communicate this to the initiator. For example,
"I ran out of paper between commands 4 and 5 in ORB 1129
and I flushed further execution. Tell me what to do now.".

Eric Anderson ewa@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc. 408-974-8187