P1394 Mail Archive: Re: P1394> unordered execution

Re: P1394> unordered execution

Nagasaka Fumio (fumiona@venus.dti.ne.jp)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:13:19 +0900 (JST)

Dear Randy,
Thank you, you pointed what I want to say.

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:24:59 -0800
"Turner, Randy" <rturner@sharplabs.com> wrote:

> <RT>We should never have a single ORB list processing multiple logical
> channels. Each ORB <RT>list handles a single logical channel, at least
> according to the current profile document <RT>decisions we have made.

We need to invoke some login(s) to make some fetch agents.
I don't like it, because,...

1) Multiple logical channel shell be involved with a LUN.
For example, FAX LUN may have several logical channels.
According to the current profile document, we are
required to invoke login(s) to a LUN or to some LUNs.

2) However Sekine-san told us, a consumer OS invokes one
login to a LUN.

3) So we need to have a facility to provide MLC in a single
ORB List.

The current profile document is good and well designed. Even
so we need to revise some points to make it is executable on
existing Operating System.
-----
Fumio Nagasaka
EPSON Software Development Laboratory Inc.,
TEL: +81 268 25-4111 // FAX: +81 268 25-4627
HomePage = http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~fumiona/