P1394 Mail Archive: Re: P1394> units and logical units definition

Re: P1394> units and logical units definition

Greg Shue (gregs@sdd.hp.com)
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:47:41 -0800 (PST)

Ats wrote:
> This can be handled with FDS, the Function Discovery Service
> discussed in p1212r, IF we want to match units up by (physycal)
> function instances.
> (although it is not the original intent of FDS..)
> FDS is a ROM structure that acutally matches up an functional
> physical instance with all of it's associated (unit) directories.

The piece that is missing is if a node provides the services
of multiple printers (e.g. a PC being a bridge to all the non-1394
printers to which it is directly connected). How do you know
that "printer status" L is associated with "printer parser" Q?

--
Greg Shue
Hewlett-Packard Company