P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> Config ROM doc posted - Web Site update

RE: P1394> Config ROM doc posted - Web Site update

Gregory LeClair (gleclair@agentz.com)
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 23:57:05 -0700

>Ats Nakamura wrote:

>1) 7.2.5 Instance Directory
> - The key type/key value concatination for function_class is planned to be 19h, not 18h

I'll fix this one.

>2) 9.2 OUI
> - The function_class values are (planned to be ) defined by IEEE p1212r (section 7.2.5), so
> function_class value is not a OUI value.

I think this issue gets back to whether there is a function class listing in 1212r. TBD

>Below is just an opinion.
>
>3) 7.1.5 Unit directory
> - It says,"Compliant devices shall implement at least one unit directory in the format...."
> An informative sentence on what one unit direcotry stands for would help readers.
> Something like, "One unit directory will represent one target compliant with this profile."

Agreed. I think we need to add something a little more concrete on the ConfigROM structure.

Cheers,
Greg L.