P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> Ways to do parameter setup

RE: P1394> Ways to do parameter setup

George Chrysanthakopoulos (georgioc@microsoft.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:56:59 -0700

?
now i dont know how secure MacOS is but we really dont like to give access
to raw devices up to ANY service/user up in user mode or even higer layer
drivers. I

in any case, as john said, having control commands in the command stream is
a perfectly good way to do it. Defining bunch of more registers and bloating
the core transport sounds like a bad design, not the other way around.

we do allow passthrough to a device and the lower sbp2 driver can whack the
device directly using our 1394 api. However we dont expose that device
specific functionality up to our class driver. They dont need to know hacky
methods of configuring the device.

We layer:
command set class driver
Transports