P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> 1284 ID

RE: P1394> 1284 ID

Gregory LeClair (gleclair@agentz.com)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:09:15 -0800

Hi John,

Could you give me a concrete idea of what will work for the=20
Win2000 stack?=20

One idea would be to put the Device ID off the root as a text=20
leaf following the Vendor_ID (See cfgrom04.pdf, P. 13, Sec. 5.2.4.)

Another idea, as you mentioned, would be to put the Device ID in the=20
Unit Directory. Is the LUN Key the most appropriate (and possibly=20
least disruptive)?
(See cfgrom04.pdf, P. 15, Sec. 5.2.7.)

Please advise. Thanks,

Greg LeClair

-----Original Message-----
From: John Nels Fuller [SMTP:jfuller@MICROSOFT.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 5:50 PM
To: '1394 PWG'
Subject: P1394> 1284 ID

Hi all,

We have some problems with the way proposed to include a 1284 ID in the =
PWG
profile. Actually, not so much with the PWG profile as with the interim
solution we will be shipping with Win2000 (this uses the command set
specifier 00609Eh and command set 0104D8h).

We really want that 1284 ID to be in a plain vanilla text leaf instead =
of a
private format string. And we really want it in the unit directory, =
because
Win2000 isn't going to know about feature directories, etc.

Again, this is just for our interim solution. In future releases we =
will be
happy to look in the feature directory; but we still think that the =
format
should be that of a standard text leaf.

jnf
John Nels Fuller=20