P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> Feature Directory for an initiator?

RE: P1394> Feature Directory for an initiator?

Nagasaka Fumio (Nagasaka.Fumio@exc.epson.co.jp)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:11:22 +0900

Dear Peter,
I would apology my misunderstanding.
I have no preference for this issue, but I am just seeking the idea.

>In short, unless someone thinks that we should add an initiator feature
>directory for other purposes, I'm in favor of "pinging" an initiator at
>MESSAGE_REQUEST to see if it supports "reverse login".

So you are *not* favor to add an initiator feature directory.
Then where do you think a target ought to send MESSAGE_REQUEST
on the initiaotr’s memory space? Also how does the target get
an address being used for this purpose?
-------
Fumio Nagasaka
Epson Software Development Laboratory Inc.
Tel +81 268 25 4111, Fax +81 268 25 4627
E-mail to nagasaka.fumio@exc.epson.co.jp