P1394 Mail Archive: P1394> P1394.3 Status

P1394> P1394.3 Status

From: gleclair@agentz.com
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 10:58:44 EDT

    FYI - The IEEE MSC has approved P1394.3 to proceed to Sponsor
    Ballot as of the APril 10th meeting.

    I've reviewed the invitation to ballot and they should be sent out
    shortly (by mid-June) to members of the ballot pool. You must be an
    IEEE-SA member and be a part of the ballot pool in order to participate
    in this process.

    For info on joining IEEE-SA - please go to:
    http://www.ieee.org/membership/join/

    > To become a member of the ballot pool, fill out the form at
    > http://standards.ieee.org/db/balloting/ballotform.html . You can
    > select as many societies as you with, but the 1394 and 1212
    > standards are sponsored by the "Microprocessors and
    > Microcomputers Standards Committee", so be sure to select
    > "Microprocess. & Microcomp." under the "Computer Society". When
    > the ballot body is formed, you will be invited to participate.
    > As a member of the IEEE ballot pool you will also be able to vote
    > on other specifications.

    Regards,
    Greg LeCair
    Chair, P1394.3 Working Group