P1394 Mail Archive: P1394> Generic PPDT Device

P1394> Generic PPDT Device

From: RICE,CHUCK (HP-Vancouver,ex1) (chuck_rice2@hp.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 14:36:09 EDT

    At the July meeting in San Francisco we had talked about going to Fry's,
    purchasing two PPDT devices and being able to hook them together and print.
    Because of the nature of SBP-2, one of the devices needs to have initiator
    capabilities. Does this require that we mandate in the printer profile that the
    printer be both initiator and target? Or do we mandate that non-printer devices
    be initiators? Will there be PPDT scanners and still cameras that will
    implement initiator functionality? Or will there be different levels of
    compliance?

    Chuck

    Chuck Rice
    Software Engineer