PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Questions about clarifying prtInterpreterFeedAddres

Re: PMP> Questions about clarifying prtInterpreterFeedAddres

Bill Wagner (bwagner@digprod.com)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 02:44:20 -0500

Tom,

This originally was extensively discussed. My recollection is:

1.This is interpreter addressability not marker addressability. That
is, it refers to the smallest unit for which the interpreter can
define color. Therefore, it is unclear that multiple markers need be
considered. And yes, it was considered that an interpreter did not
need to have the same addressability as the marker(s) which is why
there are two sets of objects.

2. The value of -1 and the comments about no restriction were added
specificaly at the request of Adobe for use in reference to
PostScript.

3. By my understanding of English (which I agree may not be
everyone's), the descriptions refer to the maximum addresability not
the current addressability. I don't understand why that needs
clarification.

Hope this helps.

Bill Wagner, DPI