PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Re: prtAlertDescription

PMP> Re: prtAlertDescription

JKMARTIN.US.ORACLE.COM (JKMARTIN@us.oracle.com)
14 Feb 97 18:25:48 -0800

--=_ORCL_30736291_0_11919702141927210
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

Hi Gail,

Right now we use the prtAlertDescription text exactly AS IS, so yes, this
string is pretty crucial for us. I've realized all along, though, that all
it takes is for one vendor to use "silly" strings, and then we'd have to
start using the alert code (along with the location data) to generate a
string ourselves.

But, for now, we use the prtAlertDescription string directly from the printer.

...jay

PS: I hope you don't mind me cc:'ing the PMP mailing list!

--=_ORCL_30736291_0_11919702141927210