PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Printer MIB questions from the field

Re: PMP> Printer MIB questions from the field

Matt King (emking@lexmark.com)
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:58:11 -0500

Bill,

WARNING: Philosophical statement ahead!

If rfc1514 states that the System group (along with the Storage and
Device groups) are mandatory, can rfc1759 make the System group optional
when used in conjunction with Printer-MIB? If so, when a vendor
implements only the Storage and Device groups, did they implement the
Host Resources MIB?

--Matt King

--
Matt King                                     Opinions are my own and
Staff Engineer                                    are not necessarily