PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> cover -v- interlock

RE: PMP> cover -v- interlock

Andy Davidson (andyd@pogo.WV.TEK.COM)
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 17:27:42 -0800

My recollection matches Don's. An interlock in this context is =
something that stops the printer from operating for reasons of safety or =
protection.

andy

Andy Davidson 503-685-3033 FAX: 503-685-3063 =
andyd@pogo.WV.tek.com
Product Marketing Color Printing Division Tektronix =
http://www.tek.com/Color_Printers/
Ce message represente uniquement l'opinion de son auteur =
et n'engage en
aucune facon son employeur.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Wright [SMTP:don@lexmark.COM]
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 1997 3:58 PM
To: Bob Pentecost
Cc: 'PWG-pmp'
Subject: RE: PMP> cover -v- interlock

Actually, I have never heard an interlock described
in the way Gail described it. In every case I am
aware of, an interlock (in this context) is used to:

1) stop the daisy wheel printer when the top cover
is opened.
2) prevent you from moving the gear shift from
park unless the brake is depressed.
3) etc.

When 1759 was developed, we discussed sensors
and switches in the context of an interlock so that
when the cartridge was missing from a laser printer,
an INTERLOCK would prevent the printer from being
used. In this case there is no cover open yet the
desire is to signal a condition that prevents or
has stopped printing due to some mechanical
irregularity.

Don