PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Traps

Re: PMP> Traps

Matt King (emking@lexmark.com)
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 20:32:27 -0500

Chris,

Chris Wellens wrote:

> Another item for the list of outstanding issues is the traps.
> We had 100% failure from all vendors on this at the
> interoperability testing in February. (These were part of the

This was at least in part because the IWL tests were broken.

> IWL tests.) At first, we thought there was something wrong with
> the test, but when we loaded up our agent simulator with RFC
> 1759 we were able to generate a trap and test it just fine. I

I would have suspected that it would have worked with your simulator!
That is what you developed the code against. The simulator must not be
simulating everything because ...

> suspect that the printers that did support traps were configured
> in such a way so that the trap was not getting sent to the IWL
> Test Suite, but rather another application on the system. At

I know the IWL suite was getting traps, because it errored out every
time my printer sent one!

> least, I hope that was the situation. Harry's earlier email on
> this (included below) seems to confirm this.
>
> [Text Deleted]

Matt

--
Matt King                                     Opinions are my own and
Staff Engineer                                    are not necessarily