PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Any public domain trap receivers available for our debugging use?

Re: PMP> Any public domain trap receivers available for our debugging use?

Matt King (emking@lexmark.com)
Thu, 01 May 1997 16:26:50 -0400

Jay,

The SNMPc app that we used at the interop does a pretty good job of
displaying trap information. I am going to assume, however, that the
trail licenses have expired. What if your noteboot were to all of the
sudden think it was February again for a couple of hours?

The software does not display the vaule of generic-alert (unless it is a
generic alert) or time-stamp. However it does show the enterprise, the
specific-trap, and the variable-bindings.

Works in a pinch

--Matt

P.S. This has got to be one of the shortest notes I have posted!

--
Matt King                                     Opinions are my own and
Staff Engineer                                    are not necessarily