PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Top 25 minus 4 conditions/alerts proposal

Re: PMP> Top 25 minus 4 conditions/alerts proposal

JK Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Wed, 7 May 1997 13:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

Lloyd,

When you say (below) that "no changes to the Printer MIB are required",
we can assume you mean the actual MIB definition and not the draft text
surrounding that definition, right?

I agree that the *MIB* should not change, but certainly the text of the
I-D (that becomes the RFC) should be modified to include a simple, yet
concise statement about critical alerts (paraphrasing your proposed
text):

Any condition for which the printer stops operation should result
in the addition of an alert in the Alert Table; such an alert must
have its prtAlertSeverityLevel variable assigned with the value
critical(3).

I would suggest that this text should go into the I-D/RFC text at the
very least. If we also want to put it in Gail's FAQ, then great.

...jay