PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC - New Enums

Re: PMP> PrtInterpreterLangFamilyTC - New Enums

Ira Mcdonald x10962 (imcdonal@eso.mc.xerox.com)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 06:50:46 PDT

Hi Jeff,

I would suggest 'scoping' in your language names (to avoid collisions
in the future with others and for clarity), for example:

langIntermecIPL
langUBIFingerprint
langUBIDirectProtocol

Also, for registry the PWG now prefers to have a set of contact
info and references (ie, name of a standard or formal spec
for each language). Take a look at the latest Printer MIB
Version 2 draft (posted on 25 June 1997 to the PWG's server)
for some fairly complete examples. Sorry I can't rattle off
the full path, but it's in the vicinity of 'ftp.pwg.org'
and '/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/...' (or you could visit via a
Web browser).

Lloyd posted the latest draft, so he can give you the authoritative
pointer.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
High North Inc
PO Box 221
Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434