There are 5 types of objects in the Printer MIB where localization
1. Objects covered by prtConsoleLocalization
2. Objects covered by prtGeneralCurrentLocalization
3. Objects that are written to and read back by an SNMP
management application, objects such as prtGeneralCurrentOperator.
4. Objects that are read-only strings that are strictly determined
by the printer, objects such as prtCoverDescription.
5. Objects that are Printer MIB read-only strings but are copied by the
printer from variables set by a non-SNMP host, objects such as
NDSP Server name from prtChannelInformation.
I just wanted to explicitly capture this text and post it on the
mailing list for future reference.