PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

RE: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:32:23 -0600

I agree to:

"to change the syntax of the
prtGeneralPrinterName from DisplayString to OCTET STRING."

I have no strong feelings on the length limitation.

Bob Pentecost
HP

----------
From: lpyoung@lexmark.com[SMTP:lpyoung@lexmark.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 1997 9:16 AM
To: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Chris and I are bringing the localization discussion to
conclusion. There have been some side proposals that have
come up from time to time, I wanted to separate these out
to see if we have consensus on these proposed changes. One
of the side proposals was to change the syntax of the
prtGeneralPrinterName from DisplayString to OCTET STRING.
If we want to make this change, I would propose the size
be (0 to 63). I have checked with our networking people
and this size covers all operating systems that we are
aware of.

I know most of us are tried of reading about localization
and answering questions about localization. The only
answer I want back from this note is "I agree" or
"I disagree". Please leave the subject line as stated so
I can easily count the votes.
Thanks,
Lloyd
Lloyd Young Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances 740 New Circle Road NW
internet: lpyoung@lexmark.com Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150 Fax: (606) 232-6740