PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Re: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

JK Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:22:05 -0400 (EDT)

I realize I already "voted" on this issue, but Dave's message reminds
me that we really need to resolve the UTF-8 vs. wide-open charset encoding
issue first.

I previously voted for moving from DisplayString to OCTET STRING,
but I would prefer to see it move to Utf8String (or whatever we
end up calling it).

...jay

----- Begin Included Message -----

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:58:45 PST
From: David_Kellerman@nls.com
To: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: Re: PMP> Localization conclusion - prtGeneralPrinterName

Lloyd,

I would vote to change the SYNTAX of prtGeneralPrinterName from OCTET
STRING to the Utf8String TC, as indicated in my proposal yesterday.

I know you're trying to separate issues, but it seems to me that they're
linked.

David

:: David Kellerman Northlake Software 503-228-3383
:: david_kellerman@nls.com Portland, Oregon fax 503-228-5662

----- End Included Message -----