PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Clarification on HP's implementation of OCTET STRIN

RE: PMP> Clarification on HP's implementation of OCTET STRIN

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:23:19 -0600

Harry,

I thought our implementation was a little off because there is nothing =
in rfc1759 about prtOutputName being localized. It says that =
prtOutputDescription is localized, so I figured that prtOutputName =
should not be localized. It probably works out well since it is a string =
that is typically viewed by the users who want to know where to =
send/pickup their jobs.

Bob

----------
From: Harry Lewis[SMTP:harryl@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 1997 3:24 PM
To: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: RE: PMP> Clarification on HP's implementation of OCTET STRIN

Except for using Console instead of General for the default localization =
(which
is probably an oversight, misinterpretation or typo in Bob's message) I =
feel
that Bob's implementation is exactly what the MIB calls for. Does anyone =
have
an implementation that does any differently?

>The prtOutputName objects are localized according to =
prtConsoleLocalization. If
>the management application writes a string to a prtOutputName, the =
string is
not
>changed when prtConsoleLocalization changes; however, the objects that =
still
>have the default values will be changed.

Harry Lewis