PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Error Status Reporting - Does it need to be fixed?

Re: PMP> Error Status Reporting - Does it need to be fixed?

Jay Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:25:42 -0400

My last message already stated my position on this issue, but
since this is the "formal" thread for this topic, I am compelled
to post a response here, for the record.

lpyoung@lexmark.com wrote:

> There has been some discussion that the current Error Status
> Reporting mechanism in the Printer MIB is not sufficient.
> There have been solutions already proposed to the problem
> but I would like for this thread to discuss is the current
> mechanism broken? Harry, Jay and Tom have already stated
> Yes - it is broken. I would like to hear from other people
> as well.
> Regards,
> Lloyd

Underscore has indeed stated that "we believe the MIB is broken",
but more importantly, we also stated that we stand behind Harry's
proposal 100%.

And, as stated previously, you really must put a deadline on receipt
of comments on this thread if you're ever going to draw a line on
consensus in a timely manner.

Please follow-up with a deadline for comments, Lloyd. Thanks.

...jay

-- JK Martin | Email: jkm@underscore.com --
-- Underscore, Inc. | Voice: (603) 889-7000 --
-- 41C Sagamore Park Road | Fax: (603) 889-2699 --
-- Hudson, NH 03051-4915 | Web: http://www.underscore.com --