PMP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Re: PMP> IPP "channel" in the Printer MIB

RE: IPP> Re: PMP> IPP "channel" in the Printer MIB

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 3 May 1999 02:13:38 -0700

I agree with Jay. We should register a port for IPP, as Jay suggests:
chIPP(??).

Now that we have RFC numbers for IPP/1.0 we have a good reference to use in
the PMP channel registration for IPP. The IPP/1.0 Model and Semantics
document
is RFC 2566 and the IPP/1.0 Encoding and Transport is RFC 2565 (both
experimental).

How about:

chIPP(??),
-- Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)
-- See documents relating to IPP 1.0
-- (RFCs 2565 and 2566).

I'm not sure whether we should mention anything about future IPP versions or
not.

Lloyd,

Can you add this to the draft Printer MIB document?

Furthermore, chPortHTTP(42) could be used for file up load submission of
print jobs using the file up load feature of HTTP. Here is the HTTP
specification:

chPortHTTP(42),
-- Hypertext Transfer Protocol. See IETF
-- documents relating to HTTP 1.0/1.1
-- (RFCs 1945 and 2068,etc.)