PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Printer MIB

PMP> Printer MIB

From: Simon Ahn Poulsen (sap@Danish-Company.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 03:23:23 EST

    My name is Simon Poulsen

    I'm working for a danish company called Danish-Company. I'm doing a project
    research on printer interfacing. Searching the Internet I discovered the
    Printer MIB. I have viewed the RFC, but I'm not as experienced in
    programming and do not quite know, how to really use the Printer MIB. I was
    wondering if you would care to explain how to actually use the Printer MIB.
    Wich programming language to use. I want to be able to get all informations
    on a network printer(does it support duplex, 2-up, 4-up etc.) and if
    possible alter and use these capabilities.

    Anyway the first goal is to make a documentation on how to use the Printer
    MIB. I would greatly appreciate if you would send me some information on
    this matter and perhaps som samplecode.
    Please reply on this mailaddress : jaa@danish-company.com
    Best regards

    Simon.