PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Printer MIB v2 changes

PMP> Printer MIB v2 changes

From: harryl@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 00:29:35 EST

    Of the list of enumeration changes that have been debated going from v1 to
    v2... here are the ones I agree make sense to "change back" (stated in
    their v1 format).

    The following are alert coded

    coverOpen
    interlockOpen
    configuratoinChange
    jam
    powerUp
    powerDown
    inputMediaSizeChange
    inputMediaTypeChange
    inputMediaColorChange
    interpreterMemoryIncrease
    interpreterMemoryDecrease

    The following are alert severities

    critical
    warning

    The following is subUnitStatus

    atIntendedState

    All the other changes appeared to me to have a good purpose. Either they
    corrected a misspelled word or resolved some conflict that had been
    debated. A good example of this is the change in prtConsoleDisabled enums
    from enabled/disabled to operatorConsoleEnabled/operatorConsoleDisabled.
    Remember the debate about "enabling the disable"? I do ;-(.

    I have already changed the above and am preparing to issue a new draft of
    the Printer MIB. Now is the time to comment if you object or have further
    observations. I think Mike was first to point out the folly of some of
    these changes and my interpretation was that Mike was just asking for some
    prudent reservation... I believe the collection, above, represents that.

    I need some help on the change of things like prtChannelType to
    PrtChannelTypeTC. This type of change occurs a lot and Mike seems to be
    suggesting it was unnecessary but it would appear to me to be correcting
    an original syntactical oversight.

    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems