Bert and David,
I have updated both MIBs per your latest comments and the new drafts have
been submitted to the IETF Internet-Drafts site. They should be available
shortly. In the interim, the documents are available on the PWG FTP site:
The majority of the changes are not technical but per your suggestions
regarding requirements for the RFC editor. The most significant change is
moving the CodedCharSet TC to IANA. We have created this MIB and it is
being submitted to IANA.
We sincerely appreciate your support in reviewing this document and hope
that you can do a quick review of the final results and submit to the IESG
for last call.
Summary of the changes to the Printer MIB (-11 to -12)
1) Removed Gary Gocek, Harry Lewis, and Randy Turner from the cover page
footers. Move the listings for the above from the "Authors" to
Contributors" and removed the company addresses to be consistent with
entries in appendix F.
2) Added Steve Waldbusser to the "Significant Contributors" section.
3) Section 2.2.13 "...description of each alert..."
was "...description of each critical alert..."
4) Corrected prtInputXXX names in first paragraph of Appendix B and C.
revised this paragraph to reference the PWG Media Names specification
5) Added a note to prtMarkerLifeCount concerning the need to be a
6) Added chSMTP(45) to prtChannelTypeTC. Added reference .
7) Corrected reference to IANA Charset Registry. (reference )
8) Shortened name of Appendix B.
9) Added reference to PWG Media Names specification  to
prtInputMediaType, and prtInputMediaColor. Revised description and
reference clause for prtInputMediaType, and prtInputMediaColor.
10) Added the copyright notice to first page.
11) Removed the references to the HR and Interfaces MIB from the Abstract.
12) Added section 1.5 and a reference to RFC 2119 in the Reference section.
13) Removed the CodedCharSet Textual Convention, replaced with an import of
CodedCharSet TC from IANA.
14) Section 18.104.22.168, 1st paragraph: Added text that indicates the
CodedCharSet TC is
from the IANA Coded Character Set MIB.
15) Section 2.2.5, 1st paragraph: Revised text to reference the Finisher
16) Section 2.2.8: Added a reference to RFC 1790 and revised the text for
17) Section 2.2.9: Added a reference to RFC 2863.
18) Split section 10 into sections 10 and 11 for Normative and Informative
References. All references have been re-labeled per current IETF
19) Added new language enums 60 to 65 to prtInterpreterLangFamilyTC.
20) Updated the contact information in the MODULE-IDENTITY clause.
Summary of the changes to the Finisher MIB (-12 to -13)
1) Moved second paragraph of the abstract to the Introduction section.
2) Removed second paragraph of section 5.2.
3) Added a size clause to finDeviceAssociatedMediaPaths and
4) Split section 8 into sections 8 and 9 for Normative and Informative
All references have been re-labeled per current IETF practice.
5) Added Ira McDonald to the "Significant Contributors" section.
For the PrintMIB Working Group,
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Aug 05 2002 - 17:07:32 EDT