PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Sketch of PPM MIB with new Printe

RE: PMP> Sketch of PPM MIB with new Printer table

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 11:50:28 EDT

    Hi,

    The actual order of a few of the fields will be slightly different.
    I was tired when I wrote that note below. But content the same.

    I'll send out some new diagrams soon too, but for each use model:

    (1) Network Spooler
        - 1 ppmPrinterTable entry for each downstream network printer
        - 1 ppmPortTable entry for each supported protocol type

    (2) External Network Adapter
        - 1 ppmPrinterTable entry for each downstream hardware interface
        - 1 ppmPortTable entry for each supported protocol type

    (3) Network Printer (or Internal Network Adapter [INA])
        - EXACTLY ONE ppmPrinterTable entry (and one hrDeviceIndex)
        - 1 ppmPortTable entry for each supported protocol type

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434
    email: imcdonald@sharplabs.com