PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Updated PortMON MIB specification

RE: PMP> Updated PortMON MIB specification (that includes the res tructured 20050728 mib)

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 10:43:44 EDT

    Hi Stuart,

    My application to add 'unknown(2)' to 'PrtChannelTypeTC' was
    submitted to IANA on Thursday 11 August (see previous note to
    this list with the submission text).

    AFTER that application is approved by our Designated Experts
    (Bert Wijnen and Harry Lewis) and IANA has updated the IANA
    Printer MIB (most of the textual conventions from RFC 3805),
    we'll revise the Port MIB ASN.1 once more to use that TC for
    syntax of 'ppmPortProtocolType'. At that time, we'll fix up
    any loose ends of documentation. Then, we'll take Port MIB
    to Formal Vote.

    OK?

    Cheers,
    - Ira (co-editor of Printer Port Monitor MIB)

    PS - It's on my list to identify the documentation updates
    still needed for the Port MIB - it's just a pretty long list
    at the moment.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434