Printer Status - Web Server versus MIB (was: RE: PMP> New MFP Alert Groups Specification Available)

From: Paul Tykodi (ptykodi@tykodi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2006 - 21:43:14 EST

    Hi Ira,

    I think you might be interested in the e-mail exchange appended below
    because it brings up the question (maybe an extension of the point made by
    Chris Story of Ricoh at the just concluded PWG F2F) of how reliable the
    proposed CIM and MFP Alert mechanisms will really be in the field when as
    mentioned in the attached e-mail discussion it is possible for a printer to
    issue different informative responses, for the SAME printer condition,
    depending upon whether an application has queried it via its internal web
    browser or its MIB.

    HTH

    Best Regards,

    /Paul