RE: PMP> [Service to Subunit mapping] MFP Alerts Meeting Minutes, February 19, 2007; Maui

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 12:22:00 EST

    Hi Ron,

    A thought, because I was just doing the edits in Counter MIB.

    The Counter MIB itself has a table of all the Services (FaxOut,
    Scan, Print, etc) and all the Subunits (including Scanner).

    By adding just ONE columnar object from the older Imaging
    System MIB to the Service table, we could have the pointer
    list (as a bit-mask of indices) to the Subunits from each
    Service. By using the same indices for the Subunits in
    Counter MIB as in the Printer MIB, the problem of multiple
    affected Services for an Alert would be neatly solved.

    Several printer vendors have expressed interest in prototyping
    Counter MIB, because it's the quickest path to multifunction
    counters (without web services), so we might talk about this.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434
    email: imcdonald@sharplabs.com