Re: PMP> RE: prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

From: Ira McDonald (blueroofmusic@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 11:24:15 EDT

    Hi Pete,

    Comments:

    (1) RFC 2396 (in syntaxes) is obsoleted by RFC 3986.

    (2) I suggest that instead of 'Address' (somewhat inaccurate), the
        keyword for WS-Print Service URL be 'ServiceURI' - consistent with
        other existing channels and with the PWG Port Monitor MIB.

    (3) Syntax for DeviceUUID should be changed to
        'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)'
        - consistent with other channels and RFC 4122 (your reference)
        - note that OCTET STRING is BINARY and illegal in human-readable
        prtChannelInfo object (which must be string parseable).

    On 11/1/07, Zehler, Peter <Peter.Zehler@xerox.com> wrote:

    > All,
    >

    > Here are the 4 changes that have been proposed. I have updated the text in
    > the included mail note below.
    >
    > 1) Change chWsPrint to chWSPrint
    >
    > 2) Change Keyword: Device UUID to Keyword: DeviceUUID
    >
    > 3) Make WS-Print Device ID optional
    >
    > 4) Make WS-Print Service ID optional
    >

    > The other question I have is what should be used for the value of
    > prtChannelProtocolVersion?
    >
    > a) "Web Services on Devices Printer, v1.0"
    >
    > b)
    > "http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print"
    >
    > c) "WSPrint:
    > http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print"