UPD Mail Archive: FW: UPD> UPDF File format

FW: UPD> UPDF File format

Sandra Matts (sandram@boi.hp.com)
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:06:02 -0700

We are going on the assumption that the UPDF is a text file -
similiar to the PPD and GPD format. It's maybe a bit early
to specify exactly the text format since
we are just at the charter and requirement phase. I'll
make a note to make sure we address after the Charter
is approved and we start the actual specification.

Sandra Matts

-----Original Message-----
From: labonte@zk3.dec.com [SMTP:labonte@zk3.dec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 1:28 PM
To: upd@pwg.org
Subject: UPD> UPDF File format

Hi,

Reading the InforWorld article and comments made by Michael Wu it would
seem it has been decided to use text file format. Is this correct?
Past e-mail messages and posted minutes don't indicate a decision was
made on the file type.

For UPDF to be of any benefit I require the UPDF format be compatible
between UNIX and PC's. Using a text file format works for me but I
would like to know if a decision has been made.

Ernest LaBonte
Compaq Computer Corporation