UPD Mail Archive: UPD> Font handling DTD

UPD> Font handling DTD

From: Norbert Schade (nschade@xionics.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:05:21 EST

    All,
    in New Orleans I said I will continue working on fonts.
    This is the result so far. The structure of element types is pretty much
    complete except FontDownload.
    I do not expect to change the DeviceFonts section by myself a lot. So I'll
    see what feedback will come in.
    The next step will be to define the attributes. As you can see they are all
    empty yet.
    Further steps will be some documentation to show that IFIMETRICS structures
    can be created by this structure.
    I really would like to hear from the Apple guy I met several times at the
    meetings, if this is providing all info he needs.
    We will have some discussion whether it is possible or useful to support
    device fonts on a Unix machine at all. I am tending not to announce them at
    all there, as I do not yet see how the system will screen them without
    installing the corresponding screen fonts together with the driver.
    For those of you, who do not have a DTD editor like XML authority I added a
    GIF file, which you could insert into a WinWord document that you can watch
    the overview instead of single lines in a simple text editor.
    Norbert

    diagram.gif