UPD Mail Archive: UPD> True Type fonts

UPD> True Type fonts

From: Norbert Schade (nschade@xionics.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 16:30:31 EST

    As it came up today:
    1. Shall we just use the True Type format to describe the device fonts by
    eliminating the glyph descriptions and everything else we don't need?
    I think the answer in this case is no, as it is a binary format.
    2. Shall we convert the remainder of the True Type format to XML? would we
    have all the info we are looking for? How much data would that be per font?
    I do not know. I'm not an expert in writing TT fonts. Perhaps someone else
    can provide more feedback.
    Norbert