UPD Mail Archive: UPD> upcoming conferences

UPD> upcoming conferences

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 16:54:27 EST

    We will meet in San Diego on Monday, Dec 4th. I am happy that we have got a
    Monday and no parallel conference the first time.

    We got some positive input from some companies in California. I am looking
    forward to continuously get more people from real driver development
    involved. We need these people to get feedback, where problems with current
    driver concepts are, which we want to overcome. And I know there are a
    number of companies in driving distance. So I hope to see a number of
    programmers there.

    During the Christmas / New Year season I'll be in Europe for about three
    weeks (private). That keeps me away from preparations for Hawaii for some
    serious amount of time.
    We haven't created some sample font data in the new format developed in San
    Francisco so far, which is necessary before we can extend it and check for
    Asian fonts (vertical writing). Extensions for Asian fonts was one of the
    agenda items for Hawaii expecting some Asian developers show up in that
    case.
    Mark VanderWiele from IBM does not seem to be available for Hawaii.
    Taking all that together the UPDF group will not meet in Hawaii.

    We will meet again during the PWG conferences in March and April. That gives
    us enough time to the April conference another major event for UPDF.

    To confirm it:
    We will meet Monday, 4th, in San Diego (preliminary agenda coming soon).
    We will not meet in January in Hawaii.
    We will meet in March and April.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade