UPD Mail Archive: UPD> preliminary agenda for San Diego

UPD> preliminary agenda for San Diego

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 13:55:31 EST

    I would like to concentrate on the file structure the next four weeks and
    get that nailed down in San Diego. This has the top priority.
    It includes the clear definition how many internal modules we want to have
    (e.g. Font handling, Print media handling, constraints).

    I hope we'll make some progress with the print media handling dtd module,
    which then can be evaluated in detail in San Diego.

    If there is time before and during the conference - and that depends how
    many people will contribute - I'd like to prepare the building of a few
    sample device resident fonts.

    I'll wait whether some other issues will pop up in the distributor.

    The closer we come to a sort of full scaled format, the better we can
    cooperate with other standards like the PODi or some Linux activities. I
    want to show and prove our readiness and interest here.

    The closer we come to a sort of full scaled format, the better we can talk
    about details to developers for an optimal implementation. That is another
    area, where I start reserving some time in my mind. The UPDF group has
    pointed out several times that we want to provide active help during
    implementation of the format into drivers.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade