UPD Mail Archive: UPD> UPDF 2001 schedule

UPD> UPDF 2001 schedule

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 14:48:12 EST

    One item on the upcoming agenda for Tampa will be discussing the future of the UPDF group, especially concerning the lead and conferences.
    I propose two other conferences in 2001: the one in Toronto and the one in Texas.

    Targets for Toronto are to discuss some real device descriptions based on our format, work out the difficulties while creating them and solve remaining issues. I hope that we get three to five samples from printer manufacturers, even if they are incomplete in some sections. Group 1 of candidates include Oak, Lexmark, Canon, Xerox and Hitachi. Among others Sun will be another contact. We should get to a more detailed plan in Tampa.
    Second target for Toronto would be discussing the chances for driver implementation of the format to be able to test and find weaknesses. Group 1 of candidates include IBM and Granite Systems. I will check inhouse.

    Target for Texas would be presenting level 1 of the format to the public. This certainly needs a lot more work done on the documentation side.

    As we all (myself included heavily) are facing serious budget cuts, to accomplish these targets would need some extra work other than f2f meetings.
    I'd like to have a tele con on Monday of the April PWG instead of a f2f meeting.
    Some more tele cons would be necessary, probably once a month until Texas.
    We need some people dedicating themselves to certain jobs. I consider two to three days per month per company (until Texas). Above statements tell about the tasks.

    As I would like to create a detailed plan and schedule in Tampa, I am soliciting feedback.
    For those, who attend the Tampa meeting, please give a general impression. Do you think it's doable? Counter proposals? Improvements?
    For those, who cannot attend Tampa, please provide a detailed statement. Check on what tasks you and your company can work. Provide your feedback during next week, before Tampa, so that we'll have it on the table.

    A more detailed agenda for Tampa will follow.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade